A tag by Rebecca cannot be ignored. Especially if one remembers her kitten eating avatar. So, apparently I have to talk about “five things people don’t know about me”. Now, there are some good reasons why people don’t know many things about me. Apart from the obvious excuses of embarrassment and privacy, there’s also one other issue – I really don’t think people care for the trivialities of my life. Heh! But anyhow, here we go.
1. When I was 8 years old I went for a fancy dress competition dressed as a Tiger. I was supposed to say something about being from the Sunderbans or the Jim Corbett park and being a man-eater. I screwed up my lines thanks to a bad case of stage fright. I mumbled something. I felt incredibly stupid for months after that.
2. I steal chocolate from my own fridge.
3. I was bullied a lot as a kid. It might have something to do with the fact that I was seriously underweight till the age of 12. While I am nowhere close to underweight, on certain occasions I can be bullied to date. My parents delight in telling the world about me coming back beaten up from school and complaining that I was pushed out of my bench by people telling me to “aur hato” (Trans. Move further). I suppose the story telling makes the situation appear funny and I feel better about it!
4. I learnt my 2 multiplication table thanks to a complex system my mother invented to help me survive bullying. My mother taught me that for every slap I got, I was to give two back. Therefore, for two slaps, I had to give 4 back, and so forth. This is how I mastered the multiplication table for 2.
5. I am a reclusive extrovert. Which doesn’t really mean much, except that I always excuse myself out of situation by claiming to be moody.
I don’t generally tag people (yes, I am a tag killer), but consider yourself tagged if it makes you happy! I hereby tag my readers.